• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on the different 6.2 intakes

84cucv1ton

Just replaced the injection pump in this truck. Trying to help a friend out with this. It's a stock 6.2 diesel. He has an intake off of a newer 6.2. I don't think I've seen one of these. He's asking me if we can put it on. It seems that all the bolt holes don't line up properly. Anyone know of this? Try to get this done before I head into work. I can always put the J code back on. To think of it what does the intake need to be torque to? Thanks a lot have a good Friday guys

llong66

On the diesels, is there a diff between single and dual plane? What is the actual structural difference between the civi and the military intakes that make that much diff in HP? I know the rebuild kit I bough had two sets f intake gaskets, one withe the very center "port" blocked with a small AL plate, the other open, I had assumed this had to do with EGR stuff?

the skull

the newer one if off of a civilian truck isn't it?, cucv have j- code intakes which are emissions free(like 30 more hp)
30 more hp???? Holy Crap, them civvy trucks must be DOGS, I gotta find me one to race & win!!!
I've passed one or 2 cars on the road, I am practiced up and ready!!!
Where's my Diesel 911 with Cetane Booster???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "C" engines were emission engines and had the big honking egr valve in the middle. The "J" engines were emissions exempt. The "J" intake does offer better air flow but I think 30 HP might be a bench race number. You still have the air cleaner to deal with. Add a second snorkel to the air cleaner and enjoy better air flow.

84cucv1ton

It's not it Jay code or a C code. There is no big DGR valve. Looking at pictures online I think it might be a hummer intake. Maybe it's for a 6.5. Need to get this done out of my driveway. Going to put the stock intake back on. If anyone is looking at work for the intake is 31 pounds. Guy at the auto shop said some of the bolts need sealant on them and the rest Need to be Dipped a clean motor oil to get the proper torque. I've done a few injection pumps. Never heard of that before

Chief_919

Just replaced the injection pump in this truck. Trying to help a friend out with this. It's a stock 6.2 diesel. He has an intake off of a newer 6.2. I don't think I've seen one of these. He's asking me if we can put it on. It seems that all the bolt holes don't line up properly. Anyone know of this? Try to get this done before I head into work. I can always put the J code back on. To think of it what does the intake need to be torque to? Thanks a lot have a good Friday guys
If the bolt holes don't line up then it sounds like that intake is likely off a turbo 6.5 from a van of HMMWV. The HMMWV/Van setup with the center mount turbo had different heads with a different bolt pattern and angle to allow the center mount turbo to fit.