• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question reg: Gen light 1

mijon

My Gen light 1 comes on when I turn on a turn signal or use some sort of extra juice besides running the motor. Any thoughts as to why this might be? Batteries are fully charged and the same problem arises. Just wondering if anyone could give me advice or if they ran into this problem too. Thanks, M1008 86 42,000 miles

dependable

Suggest you read Sticky at top of CUCV forum 'CUCV alternator symptoms, diagnosis and fix'. Or you could just throw in a rebuilt alt and hope that fixes it. Also check ground to chassis if front of front battery.

Last edited:

Barrman

Check the grounds anywhere and everywhere on the truck as suggested above. I would also suggest reaching up behind the dash and making sure the big plug that has all the wires to the gauge cluster is all the way seated. I had one come loose once and all kinds of silly things were happening.

Start with the big plug and the ground at the top of the parking brake bracket. Then go from there.