• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question regarding Deuce tires

Flyingvan911

Allan's truck does great with the singled 11.00x20's. It steers much easier. (That's after he fixed the camber.) I think I'd prefer 10 9.00 radials but that's a lot of money.

91W350

My 68 steers so much easier with the 1100s on it, one would think it was a different truck. Mine has duals, but they are Michelins. I also have a winch truck and suspect running 70 pounds in the fronts accounts for a lot of the steering improvement. I would not readily go back.

Texas Diesel

Another question - is it OK to use 10x20 tubes in the 1100x20 Goodyear Tires. Tire guy i just talked to said that was what he was used to using. Thanks!

Kloakndagr

What is a good source for the Goodyear tires, and an average price. I'm looking to replace all the NDT tires on the deuce I will be recovering on Tuesday. I'm super psyched! What is the tire size I need to replace the NDT that are on the vehicle now. Thanks a bunch.

ducer

prep 1355,

As I found out you can groove the ndtcc tires and greatly improve traction. It made a world of difference in hard pack snow and ice along with wet conditions, they seem like different tires now. I am in Ober Indiana where are you?

Denny

Chevyman_15237

Hit the yellow pages for a goodyear commercial sales location... we run g177's on a Mack mixer, and my buddy runs them on his Mack dump trucks... they do well off road and on jobsites. You can also get the Remington brand in a 177 tread pattern a little cheaper

ducer

I used an Ideal heated tire groover with a #4 head. It was a bit of a learning curve at first just make sure to mark your pattern before you cut. The cheapest way to mark the tires is to steal a crayon from your kids, grandkids, girlfriends kids or neighborhood kids but don't tell them. :whistle: If you steal a different color everyday and put the previously used color back it will help keep the kids out of your hair because they are trying to figure out what happened to their crayon.:-D When I bought my groover I also bought #3, #4, and #5 heads. The #5 grooves were to large and hard to push through the tire and I felt made the blocks to small but had good cleanout in the snow. The #3 was easy to push through the tire to cut but had poor cleanout in the snow. The #4 was not bad to cut with and had good cleanout in the snow so that was the winner. I cut the depth of the lugs but not into the carcass. Unfortunatly I do not own a camera so I have no pictures. It is hard to describe my pattern. Where in Indiana do you live? Maybe you could come and check it out sometime.

Denny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks