• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question to all MEP 004A 005A owners in reference to the AVR 11

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi folks,

I am currently working on / repairing the 5th or 6th Exciter / AVR A11

Since these units are coming of age, a failure of A11 is preprogrammed.

Because of the low resistance of 2 to 4 Ohm of the exciter coil, these AVR’s cannot be easily replaced with low cost AVR’s which cannot be automatically excited.

I am about to design a replacement Exciter / AVR in the middle $ 300 to $ 400 range which will be a direct replacement with Amphenol receptacles like the current A11 and automatic excitation during start through S9 speed switch.

However, the original A11 was designed and as a consequence, became that elaborate, to allow paralleling.

My question to you, the owner is:

How important is the paralleling option?

The price target of $ 350.00 is based on a exciter / AVR without paralleling possibility.

Please comment and we are open to your suggestions
Thanks

Peter

Cowhunter

Hi folks,

I am currently working on / repairing the 5th or 6th Exciter / AVR A11

Since these units are coming of age, a failure of A11 is preprogrammed.

Because of the low resistance of 2 to 4 Ohm of the exciter coil, these AVR’s cannot be easily replaced with low cost AVR’s which cannot be automatically excited.

I am about to design a replacement Exciter / AVR in the middle $ 300 to $ 400 range which will be a direct replacement with Amphenol receptacles like the current A11 and automatic excitation during start through S9 speed switch.

However, the original A11 was designed and as a consequence, became that elaborate, to allow paralleling.

My question to you, the owner is:

How important is the paralleling option?

The price target of $ 350.00 is based on a exciter / AVR without paralleling possibility.

Please comment and we are open to your suggestions
Thanks

Peter
Would not be any issue with this owner of a 005

Ray70

I once tried Parallelling two Hydrollic cilinders into the same circit.... Damn what a speling dizaster I ended up with that day!
o_O Gotta do what you can to keep sane these days and a little humor goes along way!