• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question to all MEP 004A 005A owners in reference to the AVR 11

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi folks,

I am currently working on / repairing the 5th or 6th Exciter / AVR A11

Since these units are coming of age, a failure of A11 is preprogrammed.

Because of the low resistance of 2 to 4 Ohm of the exciter coil, these AVR’s cannot be easily replaced with low cost AVR’s which cannot be automatically excited.

I am about to design a replacement Exciter / AVR in the middle $ 300 to $ 400 range which will be a direct replacement with Amphenol receptacles like the current A11 and automatic excitation during start through S9 speed switch.

However, the original A11 was designed and as a consequence, became that elaborate, to allow paralleling.

My question to you, the owner is:

How important is the paralleling option?

The price target of $ 350.00 is based on a exciter / AVR without paralleling possibility.

Please comment and we are open to your suggestions
Thanks

Peter

Cowhunter

Hi folks,

I am currently working on / repairing the 5th or 6th Exciter / AVR A11

Since these units are coming of age, a failure of A11 is preprogrammed.

Because of the low resistance of 2 to 4 Ohm of the exciter coil, these AVR’s cannot be easily replaced with low cost AVR’s which cannot be automatically excited.

I am about to design a replacement Exciter / AVR in the middle $ 300 to $ 400 range which will be a direct replacement with Amphenol receptacles like the current A11 and automatic excitation during start through S9 speed switch.

However, the original A11 was designed and as a consequence, became that elaborate, to allow paralleling.

My question to you, the owner is:

How important is the paralleling option?

The price target of $ 350.00 is based on a exciter / AVR without paralleling possibility.

Please comment and we are open to your suggestions
Thanks

Peter
Would not be any issue with this owner of a 005

Ray70

I once tried Parallelling two Hydrollic cilinders into the same circit.... Damn what a speling dizaster I ended up with that day!
o_O Gotta do what you can to keep sane these days and a little humor goes along way!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks