• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about a part from my air compressor

Lonesome715

Pictured below is a part that came off the top of my compressor. I have had it apart fro so long I do not remember how it goes back together. The compressor itself has been reassembled for quite a while. I held off on this part because it got mixed up with something else. I am not even sure what it does. Is it a check valve? I need to know how it goes back together so I can wrap this part up. I have looked at diagrams in the TM section but none of the diagrams I have found shows this specific part or how it goes back together. Does any one here know?

Attachments

Lonesome715

That link if gor the regulator that mounts on the fire wall. The part I am dealing with installs right on top of the head on the compressor.

Lonesome715

I also did not realize it needed a gasket. My rebiuld kit for the compressor did not include one. I am glad you brought that up. I will see if I an make one from some gasket material i have.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use thin gasket paper, or some gasket maker like Loctite 518.
Not really critical here.

Yes for some light grease. I will assemble this with silicon grease, which I prefer anytime over mineral grease, in all the air system...

And YES, the cups go in first, with the lip facing inward.

G.