• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions About Buying a M35A2C Deuce

TSmallwood

I have been loking for a Deuce not to far from home (in GA) to buy.
I have found a M35A2C numbers MK0483 0560-11099 for sale here in town.
The guy is wanting around 4k for the deuce my QUESTION to you guys is is it worth it.
Here is the things that I looked at and found out about the Deuce.
11,000 miles didnt get the hours.
rust on the hard top almost all the way through above both doors.
there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the door and cab on the drivers side when shut
about 3 tires dry rot
no winch but has the PTO for it
still has seat rails with the wood in the bed
WAS told by the owner that if the batteries are left connected over a few days they will drain and deuce will have to be jumped off
there is a little rust here and there not to bad
the under side is in really great shape
the drivers side hub is leaking alittle wet on the wheel
cab is in good shape all gages look to be in geat shape
seats are good no tears
did not get to drive or crank up
under the hood no wet spots on motor
hood has a dent but not bad
body could use a paint job
was told that it is a 1983 model

What i am asking you guys is this deuce worth around 4,000 dollars and what woud it take to turn this baby in to a reliable work truck for farm and off road use
any info or help would be nice

Welcome to the site. I would say get your hands on it and see if you can get it to run and drive. if it does and its already in private hands i would say thats worth more. and being a dropside deuce i would say its prolly worth 4k. did you happen to get any pics nopics

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Sounds like one you would have to work on.
I have a nice one for $6500.00 in NE Alabama
Check my thread "New deuce in town" for pics.
It is cherry and a strong runner, has winch, hardtop, new cammo cargo cover etc.
PM for details.
I have one w/winch in Decatur, AL, that is cosmetically challenged but was driven in from Smyna, TN.
$4500.00 for it, monkey cage in bed included.
Offroadfabworks may hve pics of it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a super nice (no rust/good runner) duece for sale NW of Atlanta for what you are going to offer for that other one. :shock: pm if interested.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what you've told me I personally think $4,000 is a little high but I'm cheap :wink: .

The owner is wrong on the year. It's a early 70s truck and not a 1983 according to the numbers you gave.

Edit to add- I went back and re-read your post and the numbers are not right. The first two letters should be "NK" for a multifuel 2 1/2 ton cargo truck not "MK". The SN should be "0540" for a m35a2c dropside not "0560". If the numbers you gave are the actual numbers on the data plate you better check the frame because the plate is bad wrong.

rockman

If it is in good shape and has had some maintenance on it, it is worth driving.

WM, we thought the caged modification was going to be used for FT if the zoning guys stopped by his place!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd buy hndrsonj's truck is a second. It has no problems at all and is dang nice looking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks