• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

questions about my first 5-ton

mucekok

just bought my first 5-ton last friday when i was supossed to be at work. haha... i know nothing about these other than they're BIG! the one i bought looks like my old m-109. that is, it has an enclosed box on the back. i'm wondering if anyone might know approx. how much this thing weighs. i only have to haul it across town, about 35 miles, but i sold my trailer a while back. aua and does anyone know if the brake master cylinder is interchangeable with one on a 2 1/2 ton? i have a couple of those im parting out that had good brakes. well, if i never post again i probably got thrown under the jail for hauling this thing. if i get it home i will post some pics.

M1075

What model is it? If it is the M820 Expansible Van or similar variant, you are looking at about 28,000#. The weight will be listed on the data plate and can be found in the -10 operators manual.

devilman96

The cylinders are not interchangeable... I can not remember why but I remember reading that several times over, prolly a different piston size. Maybe someone here has the insight... Best of luck, nothing like a new toy!!!

acetomatoco

The cylinders are not interchangeable... in fact they are completely different looking...the last few years the gummint has had the contractors stamp em 2 1/2 ton only or 5 ton only... M54 series and M800 series use the same... M35 and M211 look the same but have different check valves... be careful....or your brakes lock up...RAM

mangus580

How about reading the manual? It really disturbs me the number of people that will buy a truck this big, and not read the TM's for it

mucekok

got my "new" 5 ton home today. this is the ugliest most decrepid thing i have ever seen. noticed a few things today. has the multifuel engine, tagged LDS 465 1A. has a BIG turbo on it that looks like it would bolt up directly in place of the whistler on my duece. does anyone know if there would be any power advantage here? also has a hydraulic pump for the power steering, wonder what i could use this for on my duece??? now for the sad side of the deal... this truck has suffered from serious neglect and is in no way salvageable. after spending $8000 to haul it 35 miles i am now planning a trip to the scrap yard. but i got a nice new shiny gooseneck trailer out of the deal. IF ANYONE NEEDS SOME 5-TON PARTS, PLEASE PM ME SOON!!!!!!!!!!

mucekok

pics coming soon! may not want to be eating when you look at these!

gotta find something else to buy so i can justify my new trailer!!!

mucekok

to begin answering my own questions about the weight of this thing...i removed the cargo box off the back of this beast today, it tipped the scales at 8620 lbs! wow! i was way over weight hauling the whole truck. from what i can tell there are few useable parts on the truck. guage cluster is okay, and other than that the interior would look better on fire. i have pulled the turbo off and am about to pull the power steering pump off, but the rest looks destined for the scrap yard. intend to post pics tonite.

jwaller