• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about pulling a M919 with a tow bar

cundupa

Has anyone pulled a M919 or 920 size truck with a tow bar? I know the rear drive axles need to come out, is there something made to take their place? Is there a light connector on the front for tail/marker lights?
Do they follow good at highway speed?
Thanks!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you going to tow it with? My reco is to use a truck that is at least as heavy as the M919...and try to hook up the brakes.

cundupa

If it works I'll pull it with another site mix truck that weighs about 31000lbs. That truck has a 435 hp 60 series Detroit. It has air lines to the back, tractor protection valve, trailer brake valve in the cab etc. so it WILL have brakes and lights.
I need both trucks moved from Michigan to Cherry Point NC next month, thought I could save a little by towing one.
Oshkosh equipment has new bars for $600, probably what shipping would cost from Washington!

cundupa

Tow bar purchased, test pull completed!
I noticed the red supply air line tees into a line just before the air tank, but there is a check valve between the tee and the tank. If the line to the back truck broke or the truck broke free the check valve would hold the air psi and not allow the brake to come on. Shouldn't the supply be between the check valve and the tank? I looked it up in a TM and it shows Tee, check, tank.
Any thoughts?