• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about the deuce fuel system

Lonesome715

Thanks, I will find a place to get that stuff around here.

Bench testing the pump was going to be my next questions. I am assuming I hook it to tow batteries to see if it will engage, correct?

Lonesome715

It looks like I will get the lift pump bench tested tomorrow. If it works I will clean it up real nice. Then I will start adressing the parts further up the fuel line. I am worried about the IP and injectors.

DieselBob

Have you pulled the secondary and final fuel filters. They will help to tell part of the story by how much crud is in them. Hopefully they are all installed correctly and would have trapped most of the crud and not let it pass to the ip.

Lonesome715

I just pulled the filters. They are nasty inside. The housing are coated in rust or what ever that gunk is. Now I am really worried about the IP and injectors.

Lonesome715

I just pulled and cleaned the tops of the filter housings so they are ready to re-install. I plan to wait until I can get the new spin on filters. I also blasted water through the main and return lines. Then blew them out with compressed air. I got a bunch of crap out of the lines.

Is there anything I can do with the IP and injectors at thee stage I am at now. Also, when I hook everything else back up is theere anything I should do besides pooring in the ani-algea stuff?

Emmett

Dunno, If the IP is messed up, I don't think there is anything you can do to screw it up worse.
Taking the head off might be a good idea depending on your mechanical skills. There are several threads about the IP overhaul.

Lonesome715

I have had the tank cleaned by a shop in town, I have cleaned out the fuel lines, I made new injector lines to replace the ones that were missing, and I pulled all the filter housing and cleaned them real well. A cash flow problem and my work schedule has prevented further completion. That tank ended up costing a lot more to have cleaned than I orginally thought. I would have rather found another one in better shape had I known. I plan to work a few special details to get the money I need fo Jatonka's spin on kit.

DieselBob

Nice to hear of the progress

That tank ended up costing a lot more to have cleaned than I orginally thought.
I know that feeling. Have been to 3 local shops and the cheap one wants $200 bucks to tank it. Business must be pretty good these days. I could add another $150 or so and get a new tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks