• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about transporting after purchasing from GL

skav

How realistic is it to try and drive a truck off the base and home if you win an auction?

I've been looking at trucks out of state, and have been focusing on trucks that run.
I'd like to drive it back home, but it wouldn't be registered and I also don't have a class A license.

What's the worst that could happen? What about the popo?

dittle

Some bases won't allow you to drive off post, have to tow or haul it. Check with the specific base you have in mind.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you are not licensed on the vehicle, have no tags or insurance and are not familiar with the vehicle you are 100% better off to have it shipped (even a short distance).

I have quit flat towing vehicles from Redstone due to liability issues....I now have a buddy of mine pick it up with his tow rig.

If it is a running vehicle I will drive it off using my insurance and temp tag.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worst case, you may die and kill others when you do.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The military's definition of "running" is different from ours. It might have been running 6months or a year ago since it has been sitting there. Also might have a twisted drive shaft like the guy who picked his 5 ton up from Meade and then broke the shaft and threw it through the oil pan. It isnt worth the risk really. Time you spend the $ on shipping to get it there safely, you might drive 10 miles from the lot and have a blowout and there goes your shipping cost in a tire. It may have ran but was pulled in, or just cranked up on the lot once they got it there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks