• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions on installing hard top glass

85CUCVtom

I'm trying to seal up my hardtop windows on my M1009. They were leaking a little and figured I would take them apart and clean and re-seal everything. My question is when re-installing, do I install rubber onto the top then put the glass into it or do I install the rubber around the glass and put the whole thing in as one unit? Thanks

Barrman

I have good results putting the rubber on the top, putting soap on the seal and then putting the bottom of the glass in the seal and working the top of the seal onto the glass. HF has some great blue plastic "body work" tools that allow you to pry and what not on the seal/glass without breaking anything. The more you lube up the seal, the easier the job. A helper inside pushing on the seal is another big plus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks