• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions on putting 10lug 22.5 or 24.5 alcoas

Streetcar

I am trying to do something different on a bobbed deuce dually. If I keep the factory duals can I clear 12r20 Michelin’s measuring 12.2 wide . I know from researching on here the 11r will work which is I believe a 42” tall tire? Also for the 12r to work would I need a spacer in between the rear wheels on the factory ones?

Next questions , has Anytine done a 10lug 22.5 or 24.5 alcoa with say an 11r24.5 or 12r24.5 big rig tire? I’m really wanting to keep the dually instead of doing the typical 46” super single look.

rustystud

The first problem you have is the deuce has six lug nuts so you would need to install a 5 ton differential in there. Second I don't think you will have enough room for that wide of tires.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then there's the hub-centric, lug-centric issue...

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It can be done but adapters or spacers will most likely be needed. Here is my dual 46" set up on my flat bed. 3" of spacer to get the tires to not touch. Original bed mounts had to be removed. I also had to use a M35 front hanger set up to get the springs under the truck. When I bought this truck it had M105 spring hangers which would not work for a dual set up. Shocks mounted inboard to allow the tires to clear the frame as well.
IMG_2211.jpgIMG_2212.jpgIMG_2190.jpgIMG_2151.jpg

rustystud

It can be done but adapters or spacers will most likely be needed. Here is my dual 46" set up on my flat bed. 3" of spacer to get the tires to not touch. Original bed mounts had to be removed. I also had to use a M35 front hanger set up to get the springs under the truck. When I bought this truck it had M105 spring hangers which would not work for a dual set up. Shocks mounted inboard to allow the tires to clear the frame as well.
View attachment 717944View attachment 717945View attachment 717946View attachment 717943
Those dual rear wheels look real cool ! Lot of work to get them that way though.
Then there is the whole "wheel bearing" issue to think about. That much weight and leverage on the axle is a lot to handle. Installing a 5 ton axle would be a lot easier and stronger.

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just put new wheels and tires on mine

11R22.5 Michelin XDY2's

wheels came from Wheels Now - not cheap at $250 a pop but that is brand new and includes black powder coating (my choice of color).

http://www.wheelsnowinc.com/catalog/viewItem.php?id=219

You said that it would work with 11R's... this would give you the ability to use duals on the rear

that would give you another option to consider - you can see them on my 1970 Deuce - they are in the correct 6 lug pattern for the deuce - no mods needed.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?177696-Been-a-while-got-a-new-truck-finally-she-got-new-shoes

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks