• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions that most likely have already been asked.

Lonesome715

I have some questions and I do not wish to be “that guy” and repost stuff that has already been covered. So, being since I have a knack for NOT locating threads that covers my questions, I was hoping you all could help me by posting the links that will answer them.

By the way, I know new deuce owners can be annoying but I am really damn excited about possibly having a deuce waiting for me when I get home. What started out as an accident has gotten me all kinds of worked up about finally owning my own deuce. Sorry, I felt the need to explain.

Anyhoo, here are some of my questions:

• Is there a way to make a deuce more street and fuel friendly? We may have to use ours (if we can keep it) for local towing. Long story. Any way, I thought about removing the front and one rear drive shaft for a start.
  • Does multifuel really mean multifuel? Can I run a mixture of filtered used engine oil and diesel fuel? I have heard that I have to change things to run anything other than diesel.
  • I have a class A but my wife does not. Will she need something higher than a class C to drive a deuce on the street?
  • I noticed some of the deuces I have seen have gland hands on the back. Does that mean we can pull a bumper pull style trailer that is equipped with air brakes?
  • I had more, but I forgot because I keep getting interrupted. I guess anything else a new deuce owner should know. I either walked or rode in the back so I know next to nothing about these fine vehicles.

grounded

Banned
I have some questions and I do not wish to be “that guy” and repost stuff that has already been covered. So, being since I have a knack for NOT locating threads that covers my questions, I was hoping you all could help me by posting the links that will answer them.

By the way, I know new deuce owners can be annoying but I am really damn excited about possibly having a deuce waiting for me when I get home. What started out as an accident has gotten me all kinds of worked up about finally owning my own deuce. Sorry, I felt the need to explain.

Anyhoo, here are some of my questions:

• Is there a way to make a deuce more street and fuel friendly? We may have to use ours (if we can keep it) for local towing. Long story. Any way, I thought about removing the front and one rear drive shaft for a start. make life easy and just get lockouts for front axle, and front rear axle. Alot easier to go back to 6x6 and still saves gas
  • Does multifuel really mean multifuel? Can I run a mixture of filtered used engine oil and diesel fuel? I have heard that I have to change things to run anything other than diesel. yes you can run pretty much anything that burns. Just filter it good and dump it in the tank. WMO, WVO, transfluid, diesel, kerosene, gas, etc
  • I have a class A but my wife does not. Will she need something higher than a class C to drive a deuce on the street? Regular drivers license is all.
  • I noticed some of the deuces I have seen have gland hands on the back. Does that mean we can pull a bumper pull style trailer that is equipped with air brakes? YES!!
  • I had more, but I forgot because I keep getting interrupted. I guess anything else a new deuce owner should know. I either walked or rode in the back so I know next to nothing about these fine vehicles.

Lonesome715

I was planning on adding locking hubs when I get home. pulling the shafts is a temporary thing so my wife can use the truck for now.

I am glad to hear about the fuel. I guess that deuce will be a daily driver for me when I return.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks