• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick and easy air chuck off of deuce air sytem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emr

Yeesh, The flames are from the oh i love anything U do guys I think, i think the comments from TM are given with a little more experience than a fitting on the main air tank, idea good, application needs improvement, Get some thicker skin and see it for what it is. I have experience stopping a deuce with the hydrolic brakes a few times, Yea right lets count on that, That IS dangerous. And as posted in the past, the parking brake is not an emergency brake, if it becomes one u are in for it my friend, It will NOT stop a deuce. The under dash mount and glad handles are a fair reminder to me, I am going to say since i have experience with site compressors that all added fittings will crack and brake some time, the leverage from the extension is way more than that small pipe was intended to hold up to, and as for some one saying he was going to drain the water off with out The main guy saying it is just a reason to flame some more. sorry but true in my eyes, So Air is a great idea to use, the bottom of the tank is a big way to get it and alot of good thought there, But there are safer and better places to get it. Now If one wants to get a larger diameter fitting more directly off the pump for max air and take into consideration this is a tactical vehicle and if used at all like one anything hanging on the bottom of the truck is going to get ripped off .But remeber If U post it U are going to get other ideas also, talk em out and live with em...yeesh....:wink:...I must add I like talking with people who do not see my point, and they do not have too, If i like my idea it will stay, if i am pursuaded it will change that is what this site is about, as for the thing I just read about someone having to many posts and someone claiming they know the number one should have???? Hum...,I think the flamers should follow there own advise and delete posts from people they do not want to hear from. I back up my claims either with facts or state it is my opinion But do not resort usually to crying... I am always willing to have a discussion on e mail, phone etc. But think this should stay on air fittings here. just my 2 cents....Randy

Last edited:

tm america

green jeepster this is just constructive critisism. you make it out to be a right or wrong thing everytime please try looking at it from a different perspective. i only give my opinion if i care enough about you to help you out otherwise i would just let you do things that i see could hurt you

greenjeepster

greenjeepster, most of the people posting are trying to be helpful.

But then, it's still mounted to the bottom of the air tank and I can't think of any reason why you'd want to take air from there. Why not just tap into the air-connect under the dash? Or make a gladhand quick-chuck adapter (so you can use any regular hose)? Or at least Tee into the top of one of those tanks so that you're pulling dry(er) air?

Spend a few more minutes on this project and make it mo' betta.
TM and I have a history now....he is just trying to be obstinate.

I did not put it in my cab because I have a 2 year old who likes to sit in the cab when I am playing with the truck.... A broken air hose cold hurt him if he was in there while I was using it.

I do not like the glad hand for several reasons....among them...I have to either loose a glad hand or adapt it, It is also at the rear of the truck when the most likely place I need air is in the front where the engine is.

I put it in the bottom of the tank because that is where every trucking company I have driven for (including North Carolina DOT) has their auxiliary air chuck.. Never have seen one break off... Probably the top of the tank would be a better place for it, but I will have to see what kind of room is up there and if I am able to reach it without crawling under the truck every time.

Where it is works for me.

tm america

so i guess i was wrong when i said putting the air hook up in the bottm of the tank would collect water or when i said they already have two hook ups this is all in the tms .so i guess you are gonna be mad at the tms to since they talk about this to .great point there

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, since you guys can't seem to be tactful while posting constructive criticism, I'm going to lock up the thread but not before I make a few points. First is the handbrake. The handbrake is a parking brake. It does pretty well at it's designed function but sucks as an emergency brake. From anything over 5 MPH, it will only make heat and a burnt clutch smell. Brakes with no air! Sure, you can stop but don't let the naysayers fool you into thinking that it will be stopping as normal. I suggest that one head to a large open area, cut open all of your air, build up some speed and test the brakes. You will at least gain the knowledge of knowing, not assuming. Stopping without air is a bear and I speak with experience here. Moral of the post, be safe, stop picking at each other, try to be constructive without stabbing each other and you don't need to start a new post for every sentence. You can edit a post and add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks