• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick Compressor Q

dcwilkie

My compressor has started to cycle on and off rapidly. Looks like I stilll have plenty of air according to the gauge. In fact, it reads almost 120!
Couldn't find anything in the TM about rapid compressor cycling, so I'm assuming it's about to bite the dust. Also getting a thin film of oil on my fingers when I vent the air tanks after driving.
I was using my air impact wrench a few days ago and it started the rapid cycling again. The impact wrench was not developing any power so I'm assuming the air gauge on the dash is wrong.
It's an intermittent problem, but is getting worse. Input needed.

:?:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds the govenor on the firewall needs cleaning
Section 8-29 of the TM 9-2320-361-20

And in Chapter 3 on TM 9-2320-361-24-1 they cover servicing the compress itself.

3rdmdqm

When you say cycling on and off rapidly what do you mean by that exactly? What is the interval? I am having a similar occurrence also. It cycles on and off about every minute or so.

dcwilkie

My compressor is cycling on and off about every 2 seconds.
I keep wondering if water froze in it this past winter and screwed something up. I was a Deuce "newbie" and didn't vent the air after driving every time. I screwed up- no two ways about that. I feel sure that's why my elbow in the air line cracked.
Needless to say I'm religious about venting the air tanks now.

Nuckollsinc

Sounds like the air govenor for sure its on the firewall engine side. NAPA sells them for $14 bux. Mine was doin the exact same thing cycling every 2 seconds constantly changed the govenor and all good ever since.

randini

air compresser output

Not to hijack the tread, but what is the CFM output of the compressor? I see people using a air gun. It must be enough to run that.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks