• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick dumb question 2008 m916a3

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Should invest in a heavy truck socket set so you have all sizes. Visit harbor freight.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Then you should not be working on the truck then if you can't afford the proper tools to work on it. Or the actual truck tire bar and lug wrench that came with the truck can be found on Ebay.

You can check with member JuanPrado he had some socket sets in the past I believe. maybe not but I saw them in the Tools for sale section for awhile.

$78 for a set of sockets is cheap from harbor freight. Or ask for donations from your county road department for their old stuff.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's your plan to torque it properly?

talltye101

Well that would be using a torque wrench... don't need the smart ass replies, just wondered if any one knew socket size off the top of their head. I am seeing the answer to that is no

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to suggest an alternative way, with a socket and breaker-bar.

But with that kind of reply, nope.

It was a valid question.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The required torque for the lug nuts on that truck is 450/500ftlbs. That is an expensive torque wrench. Could sell it, buy your impact sockets, gun, and torque sticks all for that thing.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might look at fleabay and search ken tool T95A four way lug wrench. 74 bucks shipped and get a four foot cheater pipe. jbay search military heavy duty four way lug wrench. sent you a pm on it. even cheaper than 74 bucks.

Last edited:

NEIOWA

Yes your right. But as a vol fire department, funds are very tight.
Local farm tire service won't help a Vol FD change a tire? You need to learn beg/borrow/steal.

You can get all the tools you need thru DOD surplus. A #1 common would be a good start, with all the Army installations in your area shouldn't be hard to locate.

check58

Local farm tire service won't help a Vol FD change a tire? You need to learn beg/borrow/steal.

You can get all the tools you need thru DOD surplus. A #1 common would be a good start, with all the Army installations in your area shouldn't be hard to locate.
Not all states handle DOD surplus the same. For instance our state will not acquire anything that isn't a running vehicle or trailer. On the equipment side, they only do generators. No parts, no tires, no tools. Same goes for communities, not all of them have big tire shops.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks