• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick fix for air tank

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a very small hole in one of my air tanks on my deuce. It is on the bottom of the tank and not at the weld, not sure how it got there but I need a quick/alternate fix for it for someone without a welder. Would JB weld hold it? Or I thought about screwing a self tapping screw in it but not sure if that would hold pressure. I will get it fixed properly but just looking for a quick temp fix.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Junkyard Wars Crusher has a parts truck with some good take off tanks. Might want to send him a PM. As a quick fix, you might try some 2 part epoxy.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not from rust, there is something that poked into it from the outside. I think I'm going to throw it on my trailer and get it welded.

FreightTrain

Banned
well,if it was poked through then you should be able to weld it as long as it was not weakened by rust from the inside.I would pull the tank and inspect it by looking in the ports or if you have a place local that can do it,Have it welded and hydrotested.You have enough energy in one of these thanks to kill someone standing or walking by the truck.I have seen what happens when a air tank has a semi controlled failure.Had a larger tank(around 20 gallons) blow the pipe off the end while running a machine.Compressed air has MASSIVE amounts of energy.Sent that 50Lbs tank shooting off like a rocket snapping the pair of 1/4" cables used to tie to to the machine.That was just the energy from a 1" hole.A failure from a rusted hole would release ALL the energy at once since it would tear and explode like a Grenade.So make sure the inside of the tank didn't rust out enough to allow debris to puncture the skin.Might look perfect from the outside but be a total basket case on the inside!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks