• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quick gear reduction starter question

67buickss

ok put in the new gear reduction starter and confused about the wiring now, shouldent it be the big wire/ top post goes to constant 12v(or right to 12v battery terminal), and the small wire/ left post on starter solenoid goes to 12v. and for my starter switch i have to relay it is a manual set up. so just a starter push button switch.

now what is happening is when i touch the big wire from the starter solenoid to 12v it turns over the motor... so what did i do wrong or how should i be wireing this. also could the starter solenoid bad maby?

CUCV85

:idea:It could be the starter solenoid. Doghead might reply to you. Someone will to help you out.
(Search) look at dogheads starter solenoid modification.

67buickss

it still has 24 volt but i was going to connect it right to the battery which is 12v and then i have 12 volt where my manual starter push button is so i will switch it from 24 to 12 there also.

Lild

Make sure that the big red wire on the solenoid(prong) is in the right position & isn't making any contact with the lil wire post at all.