• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick hello

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to throw out a quick hello. Been reading this forum as a non-member for a long time. Every time I search anything on military vehicles, I end up on this site almost exclusively. The wealth of knowledge is astounding, so thanks to everyone who adds to that. Just picked up my first M105 trailer this past weekend, and heading out in a few days for pickup of an M35A2. Looking forward to learning more and more.

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha... certainly will. I'm amazed at how much I've read on this site without seeming to have made a dent in it!

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hello from the North Georgia Mountains, be sure to check out the upcoming Denton rally

and buy sell thread

Also watch out for that "Old Grouch" that resides in your neck of the woods.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just wanted to throw out a quick hello. Been reading this forum as a non-member for a long time. Every time I search anything on military vehicles, I end up on this site almost exclusively. The wealth of knowledge is astounding, so thanks to everyone who adds to that. Just picked up my first M105 trailer this past weekend, and heading out in a few days for pickup of an M35A2. Looking forward to learning more and more.
Welcome from North Carolina!

Happy to hear that you have a M105. Picture it up and post it here. Even if it needs a little work, it will show you where you have been and you can impress your friends (that's us) with your new "toy".

Be sure to spend a few minutes in the https://www.steelsoldiers.com/#technical-manuals.95 TM Section to gather the "skinny" on getting ready to get your M35 home. Gather your tools and a few jugs of water and a few gallons of oil. Double check your gearboxes for good fluid level and look carefully at the back of the the brake plates - where leaky wheel cylinders might show up.

If you happen to be driving her home, might be worth stopping and giving everything a look just five miles or so down the road. Maybe again in another twenty miles, look again. Time spent looking will be cheap insurance!

Best of luck on your upcoming Deuce acquisition and be sure to take PICTURES :cool:

Hope you can find your way down off the mountain for the Denton Rally in April!

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@Mullaney , absolutely. Downloaded the TM and read through it a couple times– of course, will take it with me. Truck loaded down with tools, extra fluids, jack, jack stands, torque multiplier, and anything else I can think of. We'll break the trip home into a couple of days... wife in trail with our truck as a just in case. It's a long trip home from Jacksonville FL back to NC.

And @microjeep, yessir... been visiting that old grouch– the senior one– since high school back in the 90s. Spent my share of paychecks there over the years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks