• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick! I need to know a ujoint size on driveshaft

Trango

Hey guys,

What is the size of the universal joint on the shaft between the transmission and transfer case? 1550, right? Cleveland style with the bolt on caps?

Thanks in advance! I need to get a new output flange for the project tranny and I need to know that measurement.

Bob

Trango

Yep, Front and Rear-rear is 1410, which is what I run on my buggy. :)

However! Boyce is DEAD wrong about the trans-trans shaft! I thought 1710 sounded a little big, but I trusted Boyce - bad idea. I should have measured anyway. F'ing thing is no bigger than a 1480 or so. It's about 4¾" or so over the cross.

I think I'll go buy a couple of flanges today (1480 and 1550, maybe) and just in there.

BTW Spicer, it looks like I won't have the parts to properly mate up the tranny, so I am going to have to dry fit the tranny in there to get the engine mounts correct and then yank the tranny and the bellhousing at the end of the weekend, and then put everything together later next week.

Trango

LDT 465 is out and under a tarp in the yard. 3208 is hanging there, waiting for some mounts to be made and installed tomorrow. I have about 6 hours tomorrow to get the thing mounted before I need to use the forklift to load the LDT on the buyer's truck. Wheeeee!