• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick introduction and questions on Headgasket.

TurboTim

Here is the headgasket. You can see the back cylinders are filled with coolant. I am suprised the motor ran as good as it did.
Headgasket.jpg

I will get some better pics when I get upto my shop today. Wish me luck on finding a headgasket set.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site and good luck getting her running. Yes, there is a complete thread on putting a Cummins engine into an M35(A2 not A3).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be shocked if you can get it going for $250. Keep posting your progress and prices as you go.

TurboTim

Headgasket Set $140 online. It ran before so I dont know why it wouldnt run after I get it back together. Is there something I should look out for or I am missing? Or is it just too good of a deal for ya?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you pull the injectors out? If so, how? I heard they need a special tool. If you can fix a CAT engine you are doing pretty darn good for your first diesel repair.

TurboTim

I didnt pull the injectors out. Its funny you say that because I thought this was a 3 valve motor. No clue how to pull them either. I just left them in and I dont think I am going to machine it so I dont think I am going to pull them out. Yeah I was riding a high yesterday for getting this thing apart so quick without any problems.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on the repair.
That will be a great Christmas present.

Your trailer tow home picture would be a great as to the trailer posting for what NOT to do.
Like in exceeding maximum allowable gross weight and maximum tongue weight, just for starters.
But then, I see things like than as a business opportiuntity...........

TurboTim

Positive thoughts and willful thinking go along way when you dont want to pay someone else to do it for ya. I go with the if it fits it will work and it always has for me so far so Im not going to stop until it doesn't. I probably wont stop then either. Just may try harder.

TurboTim

I just got it running today and it runs great. I ended up replacing 1 piston, the headgasket and the bearings in the lower end. I used all Cat parts and spent a total of $592. I am really happy for how it runs. It was really a good learning experience even for a auto shop owner. I think I did good getting a truck with 3100 miles for $3k and only having to put $600 into it. Cant wait to have some fun with this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks