• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick m35a3 question

FuelRod

I've been shopping long and hard for the perfect one, and i may have zeroed it down to one, but one thing has been bothering me... there's some mysterious tank dangerously located behind the bumper. what is it? i've found nothing pertaining to this

Attachments

FuelRod

ahh yes, guess i should stop trying to find TMs and do some basic searching.

sorry to drop the ball like that >< and thank you

papercu

I'll just bet you if you will read the TM 9-2320-386-10 you'll find it is the tank for the hydraulic front winch.
Welcome, those trucks don't come cheap WHY would you buy one without looking at the manuals? Wayne

Last edited:

FuelRod

i haven't bought it yet i'm afraid, It just has about everything i was looking for in a deuce. And i must thank you for the TM number so i can read through it

Trying to keep the price below like $5000, but i figure it would just be better overall to buy one that's missing engine parts and work my way from there, need to get better at my mechanic skills .

GoHot229

Both ways will be expensive most likely, as their a bunch less numerous and sort of highly sought after, later models, different motor/trans, bed and such. It's typically not a first truck, unless you got the dough?

rwonsala

I am very surprised that you did not know what the tank was for? What else could i be but the oil tank for the winch. Any additional questions call me 732-558-0990. I do not know everything but i do know enough. Rich

Scarecrow1

Rod I'll bet a lot of guys myself included thought that was a strange place to put any kind of tank. I didn't know what it was either .Its not likely I will ever have one so it didn't warrent me asking .Now I know lol :razz:

americanmayhem

manuals first? i bought 2 m35a2 off ebay late one night..... man its not a good idea to drink and shop on ebay . i had never even drove one before . im glad i got them but i still dont have a manual