• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick question about 900 series having lockers?

smoke

I did a quick search about lockers in 900 series. Could not find answer. Do all 900 series have lockers or just the Marine ones like the older 800 series. Thanks in advance.

hot rod deuce

Data plate is not a sure bet, jack it up and turn the tires. I bought a 931A1 and the seller said it had lockers based on the plate. Got it home and jacked it up, notta. He made it right later on.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vast majority of M939 series trucks DID NOT have lockers. The exception was with USMC M939 series trucks. They most commonly converted trucks to singles if they had duals and added lockers, but I've had USMC trucks that did not have lockers and/or were not converted to singles so even that is a rule, but it is not always true. I have never had, heard of, nor seen an M939 series truck that came out of the Army with lockers. Navy trucks are hit and miss with lockers. If a Seabees unit used the truck, it MIGHT have lockers and might not. I had a Seabees M925A2 and it did not have lockers. I have a Seabees M929 and it does not have lockers.

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Data plate is not a sure bet, jack it up and turn the tires. I bought a 931A1 and the seller said it had lockers based on the plate. Got it home and jacked it up, notta. He made it right later on.
I remember that truck. That was a real surprise when it turned out not to have lockers.

My understanding now is that many of the USMC tractors had the lockers pulled out at the depot level after they snapped axles towing trailers on hard roads. The locker data plate is certainly not a guarantee.

spicergear

I haven't checked mine yet. It's road manners were quite polite and I didn't hear any locker noise when I headed down the power lines. It did go where it was pointed easily but it was in six-wheel and those 1400x20 Goodyears have some meaty foot prints.

smoke

Thanks Guys. I guess it's hit and miss just like everything else. But I try and pay attention for the data plate. The reason I asked is I'm trying to decide what to get. A 5ton or duece. I figured a 923a1 or a2 that had lockers would be great because that's one less thing to have to add plus automatic. Don't get I'm wrong I like a stick(had dodge w/ cummins 5spd I put 240000 miles commuting back and forth to work in phila everyday great in the morning crappy on way home I-76) too but in traffic auto out weight stick.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Guys. I guess it's hit and miss just like everything else. But I try and pay attention for the data plate. The reason I asked is I'm trying to decide what to get. A 5ton or duece. I figured a 923a1 or a2 that had lockers would be great because that's one less thing to have to add plus automatic. Don't get I'm wrong I like a stick(had dodge w/ cummins 5spd I put 240000 miles commuting back and forth to work in phila everyday great in the morning crappy on way home I-76) too but in traffic auto out weight stick.

M35a3's also have an auto trans

smoke

I know a3 has auto but 45-50 top speed kills it. Reason I thought about duece because a friend of mine has one and I have first dubs. It has winch,LDS465(200hp)[thumbzup]and heater but a sprag transfer:-( Also has a hyd system on it for dump flat bed and quick connects on the back truck for remote hook up. It need work( a top,brakes checked, winch cable, some tires, a hood, etc.......) but could get for good price. I don't know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks