• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick question about my m1009

AJMBLAZER

Maybe the windows got smashed and that's what they had available. The vented windows are popular in the civy world so it was probably easier for the mechanics of whatever unit it came from to get those than the proper solid glass pieces.

AJMBLAZER

That's only because yours have loosened up. Mine hardly move.

I like the modern versions that are more like the sliders on pickup truck toppers with no vent windows. Less complex and less parts to deal with. Not a terribly big fan of the sliders on my K5.

3dubs

The windows are most likely like the key that came with my truck from Ace Hardware. The truck was in a National Gaurd unit. when they needed a key they just went down the road and got one. The windows got broke so they went down the road and got one. "Forms what forms sir? The truck has windows I do not know what you are talking about.":-D Git'r done!

AJMBLAZER

is there any way to tighten them up or no?
Not sure but looking at mine there seems to be little screws at the top and bottom where the rod the vent pivots on goes into that...I think aluminum..."bump" that sticks out from the window frame on the top and bottom.