• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick question about wait light

CUCVRUS, Rick change the drivers side. Its 9 bucks su109 that's the one that stopped flicker. When bad it also can leave GPs on and they burn out. I was looking at my log book and it still flickered with the passenger side changed napa #ts7265 39 bucks or gm #10154649 .

the skull

This may be a stupid question. What is a antennaclimber card?

Antennaclimber sells NEW glow plug cards.
Just get one, you won't regret it. Mine works flawlessly, and its not 30 years old.
Besides, he employs veterans. What's not to like?
Plus, there's a hot start option with his card.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Antennaclimber sells NEW glow plug cards.
Just get one, you won't regret it. Mine works flawlessly, and its not 30 years old.
Besides, he employs veterans. What's not to like?
Plus, there's a hot start option with his card.
Thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately all of the GP cards with the additional heat option have been sold. It was a limited production run and most likely will not be offered again.

Karl

cucvrus

I have several cards. I still have GM ones in the box and I bought several from CUCV electric when they were in business. That is not the issue. I very seldom ever had any issues with the cards. Usually the only issue I had was when they were missing.

cucvrus

I changed the rear switch on the left side and changed the card also. Still the same. It is strange. It does it when accelerating and going on rough terrain. I see not wire damage. I will try the passengers rear head sensor next. They are telling me it is over $100. Standard PN TS621.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I changed the right rear head sensor and the glow plug solenoid relay and still have the same thing. I read thru all the posts on this thread and checked everything. The volt meter is not all te way where it is supposed to be. And it never moves from the spot it is on when the glow plug light is on. What I find hard to understand is that the truck starts every morning and everytime. And the light just flickers and then comes on steady on hard throttle. I will try a 3rd card but I think something is loose some where. I will change the wiring harness to the glow plug circuit next week. I am done with it for now. I will drive it like it is and pull the fuse during the day. I thought I found it wit the base of the glow plug relay. It was loose. No Luck.

cucvrus

I am onto something. I will report back on my findings. I think I am going in a different direction to solve this issue. it started right up this morning like it was designed. But the light still flickers. I think I have it resolved. Stand by.001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpgAfter I went back out and looked at a few of my findings I thought I had it resolved. No such luck. The wait light still flickers and comes on steady. I have changed everything including the wiring harness that the circuit card is hooked into. I tried 3 different know working circuit cards and it still does the same thing. The voltage meter was at the old hatch mark for a short time now it is lagging back a bit towards the yellow. But still in the green. After I did all the fusible link replacements it charged well for a while and even squealed the belt. I will never surrender I will resolve this vehicles issues. I have been driving it for 11 years and this is the first real issue I had with it. Any ideas are welcome. I will go onto replacing the alternators next. I am open for any suggestions. Or I will find it on my own and keep it a secret. ;) The first guy that said he could fix it cut the glow plug resistor wire and said he fixed it. Yea right he fixed it. I still don't understand it starts every day and I run it all day long during an 8 - 10 hour shift. But that light is annoying. After this issue is fixed I have another issue with the brakes to resolve. I hope that one is a lot easier. Thank you for looking have a good day.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Fixed it. It was not easy but it is fixed. I removed the entire engine harness and checked all the connections on the alternators and rechecked the sensor connectors. Everything is hooked up as designed and it works perfect now. I was off a half day last week and another worker came in and said. I know what it is and cut the wire to the resistors and said there it is fixed to my helper. I came in the next day and started the truck and backed it out of the garage. I went 50 feet and the wait light was on again. Yea right it is fixed. It just added to the diagnosis. Anyway it is fixed and running again. I replaced a lot of connectors and found the problem as I was about to shut the hood.004.jpg002.jpg005.jpgAfter all new sensors and 4 different circuit cards and pulling the glow plugs and changing the circuit card wiring harness twice it is fixed and running perfect again. I knew if i stuck at it i would find the problem. 001.jpg003.jpgHave a good day. I rebuilt the circuit card wiring harnesses and removed that extra wire for the M1010 fuel pump and the artic kit. Now onto the brakes. I think I have already resolved that problem. The replacement master cylinders are not compatible with the Dot 5 brake fluid.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Today the M1008 truck started right up and the belts squealed just like the old days. I cannot seem to get the right belts anymore. They are either to short or to long. I am going to try lawnmower power equipment belts. They have that fiber coating on the outside. Anyone have any reason why they would not work?