• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick start bottle

willy

The quick starting bottle on the front grill on page 2-43 off manual TM-92320-386-10
Is that some thing I need to refil.???
And with what do I refill, the manual states just shake it if half full replace it.??
With what.???
Willy

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about either injection bottle ?
Page 2-43 of what ?
Post more details or a photo of what your asking about.

Rustygears

Is this the A3 Ether canister, mounted inside the engine compartment against the front grill?

If so, you can get them at truck stops. Pricey, though. I seldom use ether on my A3 and you shouldn't need it in the bay area either. It doesn't get all that cold there.

trukhead

When do I use it.:p
When I turn on the cold start switch.????:whistle:
Willy
To answer your questions: Only when it's cold and only when the engine is turning over, Never ever, ever,everaua "turn on" the cold switch, It doesn't work that way.

In the M35A3, the cold start switch Is activated-moved to the left for 3 seconds to charge the cold start circuit then released to administer the ether to assist the cranking engine to start during cold temperatures. :popcorn:

I think instructions for it's use are in the operations manual. you can find the manuals on the site somewhere, and the warning label surrounding the lever also states as much.fat lady sings

Improper use of the cold start circuit will ventilate your engine permanently.:doh::sad:

Last edited:

Amram

Do you actually need ether to fire your truck up? Mine I just crank it a few times with the pedal halfway and she fires right up. Did it today with it being 36 degrees.

SMOKEWAGON66

....Using ether will make your truck an addict...or an ether baby lol...In Alaska, my truck would not start without a shot of ether...even in the summer. I would never use ether to get my truck to fire. bad bad bad bad....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks