• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick Start Ether canister attn South Eastern MI members

ida34

I found a supplier for Ether canisters for the quick start system.

Michigan Cat headquarters in Novi has them for $30 a bottle in stock.

24800 Novi Road
Novi, Michigan 48375
Phone: (248) 349-4800

I have Napa in Ann Arbor checking but they could not find a part number as of this posting. When they let me know I will post it up.

For anyone needing more information on this follow this thread. It is all about the military quick start systems.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....e=viewtopic&t=8999&highlight=quick+start+ether

ida34

Napa just called back and they have them for $25 each. The part number for the correct cylinder with 7/8 thread and 18 ounce fill is 605-3253. They do not stock them but can get them next day.

ida34

I wish I knew that. What does shipping run to my Dexter, MI 48130. I had heard there is a hazmat charge that drives the shipping up. I used to have a couple of cylinders from my Army days but they are long gone.

ida34

I also forgot to ask. Was your company represented on Orange County Choppers recently? On the National Guard bike build.

m38inmaine

The size I bought was the same size as a standard propane torch bottle. These are the standard GI issue ones used in the quick start kit for the deuce. They were in GI packaging NOS.

ida34

Turns out mine takes a 1 inch cannister not a 7/8 inch. I hope napa exchanges them. I thought I read in another thread that they took 7/8 inch. Either I was wrong or the post was. When I find out a part number I will let post it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks