• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quieter, Better MPG 6.2 Diesel.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it sounds like a good idea...

spray.jpg

Last edited:

pmramsey

"ZDDP" in the oil is an absolute must in our old engines. Since I am the slum landlord at the local airport, I also manage to occasionally grab a few hundred gallons of Jet-A fuel. This stuff is as clean a diesel fuel one could ever imagine. A tank full cleans the injectors and IP better than anything on the market.

marand9199

"ZDDP" in the oil is an absolute must in our old engines. Since I am the slum landlord at the local airport, I also manage to occasionally grab a few hundred gallons of Jet-A fuel. This stuff is as clean a diesel fuel one could ever imagine. A tank full cleans the injectors and IP better than anything on the market.
What type of vehicle do you have that you put jet fuel in?

Ue413

At the end of the day, unless engine oil / additives are tested in a controlled lab dunk with environmental and operational controls, people's claims are hypotheses not facts. A friend of mine worked at a lab that tested many well known additives, and none of them generated statistically valid improvements.

If someone actually had the ultra additive, they would spend the money to show actual lab test results and anhilate the competition.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also use jet fuel. A lot of it. No Prist
Jet fuel is extremely "dry".
If you run it straight in a truck, add something for lube. I use two cycle oil.
Run it long enough without adding anything and injectors and injection pumps will suffer.

The great benefits of being in aviation.
Lots of waste fuel from taking samples everyday from aircraft and fuel tanks.
I get almost 5 gallons a day free. Nothing wrong with it at all. Just can't be used in aircraft once sample taken.

pmramsey

Run it long enough without adding anything and injectors and injection pumps will suffer.

I totally agree. I burn a 50-50 mix usually and no more with some various oil additions. 30 SAE Wolf's Head works great as I use it in several of my hydrostatic system machines and when there is a change in fluid, the used stuff is saved.

Side note: I had a kid stealing Av-gas from me some years ago at my FBO and running it in his 1973 Matador. OK, so it was about 35-years ago. He was pumping it straight from the fuel truck into his car. I did not say anything and just waited. After a few weeks he come in the door one morning complaining that his V-8 was dieseling and would not entirely stop running. I went outside and sure enough, there were blue flames jumping out the exhaust and the car was shaking and crapping. I calmly explained what was happening and then I fired him on the spot.

:burn:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I totally agree. I burn a 50-50 mix usually and no more with some various oil additions. 30 SAE Wolf's Head works great as I use it in several of my hydrostatic system machines and when there is a change in fluid, the used stuff is saved.

Side note: I had a kid stealing Av-gas from me some years ago at my FBO and running it in his 1973 Matador. OK, so it was about 35-years ago. He was pumping it straight from the fuel truck into his car. I did not say anything and just waited. After a few weeks he come in the door one morning complaining that his V-8 was dieseling and would not entirely stop running. I went outside and sure enough, there were blue flames jumping out the exhaust and the car was shaking and crapping. I calmly explained what was happening and then I fired him on the spot.

:burn:
Now that's funny!!!