• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quotes with M1009 resellers

mikey

Hey guys,

I just had some idiot blow a stop sign and total my M1009. For insurance purposes I need three prices from vendors for replacement. Who sells CUCV's other than private sellers?

I must say, he hit me at about 30mph with a Silverado and the 09 really took it well. That's one tough SOB.

Thanks

Mikey

13388929_10206614705075197_1314009558_o.jpg13410696_10206614704475182_42287651_o.jpg13397012_10206614703835166_927739635_o.jpg13405705_10206614703755164_53921444_o.jpg13410600_10206614704955194_371137801_o.jpg13396910_10206614703715163_1076759497_o.jpg

Last edited:

riggermedic

I don't know if this will help, but I heard of a place in Tucson with a lot of stuff, but he won't sell parts, just complete vehicles. Heard the prices are a bit high. Maybe someone else can chime in with a name?

reaper556

Honestly that doesn't look to bad, if the frame is still good that should easily repairable with some replacement body parts. The rear would require some body work maybe. As yo your original question does past sell prices at auctions not work for them?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly that doesn't look to bad, if the frame is still good that should easily repairable with some replacement body parts. The rear would require some body work maybe. As yo your original question does past sell prices at auctions not work for them?
You don't want auction prices since they're trying to determine value to pay him. You want to find the highest price M1009 out there for comparables. They should take private sales since these vehicles are generally not available through dealerships. Do a search for "For Sale" vehicles either through places like Craig's List, eBay, classifieds here, etc. It's THEIR job to find prices but if they do they're going to find the ones that sold for the least not the most and pay you based on that.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree if the frame is straight that repairable. Of course we need some pictures in the daylight to really see the damage.
Other factors are going to be how much rust in the floorboards and door jambs (which will also affect value on a total).

richingalveston

you need to get paid for another one plus get the salvage value from yours. Keep your truck for parts. you can argue that to replace the vehicle you may need all the parts off yours to make the next one complete again.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you need to get paid for another one plus get the salvage value from yours. Keep your truck for parts. you can argue that to replace the vehicle you may need all the parts off yours to make the next one complete again.
The problem is if you don't have a agreed upon value in your policy they consider it a total because repairs exceed the value. With no blue book for them it's going to be a battle getting a fair deal from a insurance company.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact Pawnshop and see how he handled his M1009 loss.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?105689-Pinky-my-M1009-is-down-for-the-count.

We have a member here that restores M1009s. Get a quote from him for a replacement truck. 82ABNMP

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?153241-Fresh-M1009-Southern-CUCV-Resto
I doubt Texas insurance laws and Pennsylvania insurance laws are anywhere near the same so that might not help much.
I Pennsylvania a "no-fault" state ?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt Texas insurance laws and Pennsylvania insurance laws are anywhere near the same so that might not help much.
I Pennsylvania a "no-fault" state ?
Maybe not but Pawnshop may be able to help with how he handles getting prices for a replacement cost.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price check with Eastern Surplus. With their prices, you could buy 2 M1009s made from gold, get a first born, an arm, a leg and probably an all inclusive vacation to a destination of your choice. If you are nice and kiss their rear end, you might get them to throw in a free -10 operators manual or eastern surplus T-shirt you can use as a garage rag.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, are you okay Mikey? Did you get checked out for whiplash? I'm also sorry for your loss. I'm a little concerned about damage to the front axle, front leaf springs, and steering components. If the axle is bent or if the leaves are bent, the truck could be totaled by the insurance company. The path you take depends on what the insurance company says. If they total it, fight to keep the truck with a clean title. I also strongly suggest that you keep accurate records of all communications between you and the agents. Document everything. Time is on your side, not on the insurance company's side. They will want to close the case as fast as possible. Do not accept the first offer that you receive to settle. I hope this advice helps you out some.

CUCVRUS is a great resource as well. Send him a PM.

Pawnshop

My experience taught me that if you are not driving a car less than five years old and stone stock then you are pretty much boned. The best chance of top compensation for the loss of a unique or modified vehicle is agreed/stated value insurance which involves an appraisal of the vehicle prior to any accidents. The insurance company in my deal (the idiot M1009 murder's, not mine) used some sort of selling price compiling software to spit out a price. In the interest of impartial reporting: they DID actually pay me enough to buy another M1009 that was available locally on Craigslist. The two sticking points that reduced my payoff offer were the $1100 set of 33" All terrain TA tires that their appraiser said still had 95% tread so he called them "new", but they didn't pay for because they were more than 1 year old, and that my particular M1009 was in excellent mechanical condition and the various replacement units out there were in unknown mechanical condition. The argument on that point is a crapshoot at best. If the company you are dealing with are using the asking price of commercial M1009 resellers and not private individuals then you will probably do OK. GOOD LUCK!

richingalveston

I would look at the truck yourself if to make sure you still want it with regards to having them give you a clean title. This can be a fight since they have to show it as totaled to give you the highest payout. It can be easy to get scrap value from them and keep the truck. You should be able to keep the truck for $500 or less.

In today's market, 1009 are not abundantly available on the market and are getting premiums right now. I think it is going to take you $6k to replace it.
start a medical claim if you have not. It may be needed, it may not but if you wait to long it wont be an option. sometimes you don't feel the pain until a day or so afterwards.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would look at the truck yourself if to make sure you still want it with regards to having them give you a clean title. This can be a fight since they have to show it as totaled to give you the highest payout. It can be easy to get scrap value from them and keep the truck. You should be able to keep the truck for $500 or less.
The title will only be branded if they send the information to the state to brand the title. In my experience (as an adjuster, trainer, and claims manager) most adjusters are too busy or too lazy to bother sending the paperwork in. Or if you pi$$ them off they may do it just to make your life miserable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks