• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R-2 crash truck

tomor13

She was moved to her new location. While checking it out. Guy in truck stopped asked if for sale. I'll need wire diagrams. A manual. And for now. What is this?DSC00714.JPG

tomor13

Kind of a noob to this type of truck. Last thing I had this primitive was a 79 FJ 40. But that was George Jetson compared to this. I also need glass or someone who sell the glass. Windows have fog. Will need replacing.

EwaMarine

I hope you do not modify it. Such a rare and historic usaf truck. Think of all the USAF crash crews KIA...WIA. Restore it for them'!!

nattieleather

A good glass shop should be able to handle all the glass needs for you. Find a shop that can do fabricating as they will have all the seals and such.

Glad you got it and are going to restore it! Keep us posted with pics as you go.

tomor13

Currently raising funds to put on road. Unless I get an offer [thumbzup]. She's becoming famous in the town. Lots of people want to know what it is. I tell them "Mohawk". Looking for a garage it will fit in to work on it. Winter is coming.

EwaMarine

Cant wait to see this piece of history restored and driving. Someday it can roll onto a USAF base for a airshow and teach history of the cold war and all the USAF fire protection service and sacrifice can be honored rightly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks