• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P. - David "MWMULES" Christenberry

davesgmc

David Christenberry ‘s
“Celebration of Specialness” will be at Killcreek Barn in De Soto Ks on Feb 5 from 12-4. He wanted a party rather than a funeral, so we ask you wear your cammo if you have it otherwise jeans and a t shirt (it is all he ever wore) please bring only your stories to share (no flowers please) and come enjoy some of Dave’s Famous green chili. We hope to see you there and more details will follow. I would also like to thank all of you for the outpouring of love you have surrounded our family with, it truly made a difference. We are at peace because he is at peace.
The Barn at Kill Creek Farm
thebarnatkillcreekfarm.org
9200 Kill Creek Rd, De Soto, KS 66018

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As others have said - Dave will be sorely missed.

Westy is correct about the storytelling, he had some "dandys" . The guy had a ton of cool life experiences - submarines, tracked vehicles, fire and ems, NBC warfare, and just general life adventure.

Though, what I will remember most about Dave is his swap meet/rally/show deals. He was at them all - MVPA national conventions, GA rally, Cardinal Center, and of course, Findlay.
He was never selling anything that I really NEEDED, but he was always selling something that "I just had to have" for some reason. And he never gouged, his prices were bargains by any standards. And if he still had anything left at the end on Sunday, he practically gave it away.

I walked around the shop reminiscing tonight and took some photos of stuff that I got from Dave over the last 12+ years. Not because I really needed it, but because it was a great deal ! ;)

REST IN PEACE DAVE.

Here is my tribute -
My Deals from Dave:

Cases ! He always had the coolest cases, all different sizes and tons of them. Pelican cases, soft sided, you name it .
And the MRE heater "combat crock pot". I took it out of the plastic for the first time for the picture.
combat crock and cases.png

Uniform repair patches? got a whole box cheap. need to find a use for them. What are they good for?

patches.png

Tailgate chain covers. Nice upgrade!

tailgate chain covers.png

I think Dave named these the "Big Boy Cots". If I am not mistaken, they are field hospital medical beds. I got two of them from Dave. Why not?

Med cots.png

Litter Stands,
litter stands.png
I don't have pics, but I also bought two tents from Dave . Used them when the kids were in Cub Scouts, and then passed them on to others.

I really like this giant shop banner.

National Guard sign.png

And my all time favorite. I posted a wanted ad on one of the swap meet/rally threads. I was looking for just the little "C" retainer tabs for a yellow bridge plate. I had all the rest. He showed up and handed me this. The whole beautiful bridge plate for free. Thanks Dave!
bridge plate.png

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too feel blessed that I met Dave, enjoyed his company, stories, deals and shipping assistance and can concur with comments above. If there is one word that when uttered, will always remind me of him and the aura of insite he spread....

"SNAUSAGES"

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When we went out to see him last week I learned that he was delivered by a DVM in a village outside Anchorage. That was a new one on me.

The first year I brought my Mule (Kawasaki Type) he had a big military case that fit the bed that I am sure was worth more than the $25 he charged me for it. The only problem, it had an Iranian F14 decal on it. I told him if I ever got rid of the box I would make sure he would get the decal. I was in the barn one day doing something and walked over and looked at it and managed to lift it off INTACT. I thought about putting it in the mail but took a different route. I went to a local picture frame place and had them mat it under glass in a black frame. That is what I sent to him last year.

I'll miss you Buddy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks