• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P. - Joe Young

JohnnyReb

This one goes way back and you had to be a long time member to know Joe. He bought and sold military vehicles, mainly M35a1 and a2s, and was an early member and contributor to this site. I bought a M35a2 from Joe in the early 2000s. Before the internet was so prolific, men like Joe were an invaluable source of information and parts, etc. He helped me on many occasions and was a resource that helped this hobby/calling to grow. Joe passed away in 2012. I just didn't want him to be forgotten.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe is not forgotten! I think about him regularly, and for sure every time I look at the M151A2 in my garage. That was Joe's A2 that he restored. IN addition to that truck, I got my first three M35A2s from him, and he also helped me get into DRMS bidding. He also assisted me in recovering my first M1009 from Massachusetts, and with my first auction win, an M813A1 before they were coming out in any numbers. Great friend. He definitely was a treasure in this field, but he was an even better friend. He and I often stayed at each other's houses, and my wife and I talk about the time he and Marilyn came to the beach with us.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one goes way back and you had to be a long time member to know Joe. He bought and sold military vehicles, mainly M35a1 and a2s, and was an early member and contributor to this site. I bought a M35a2 from Joe in the early 2000s. Before the internet was so prolific, men like Joe were an invaluable source of information and parts, etc. He helped me on many occasions and was a resource that helped this hobby/calling to grow. Joe passed away in 2012. I just didn't want him to be forgotten.

Thank you for sharing this memory and posting this up as a tribute to one of the pioneers here.

We pray that those who survive Joe are well and have been comforted by the Holy Spirit. Our condolences to all who felt the loss and grief, yet still fondly remember his contributions here and to mankind.
AMEN!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My first Deuce would have come from him had I been in the position (storage, $$$) to buy one. I surfed his site almost daily when the internet was new because there was so little deuce stuff out there.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely not forgotten. My first deuce came from Joe. He was a great guy with a wealth of knowledge. Loved his deuce page. for the longest time he was really on the only person with m35s for sale. buying a truck from joe was worry free and a good deal

this was back in the days of the mil-vehicle list. I loved receiving the hundreds of emails daily about mil trucks. Joe handlesd all the deuce questions.

SSGHillbilly

I like seeing posts like this, so very interesting. Some may say there gone but as long as we speak of them & remember them and know such good people that did good things, they still are living on . Here’s to you Joe, even though I may have never met you. Drink a beer in your memory.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Internet archive has some of Joe's old website you can surf

Also, sad that the deuce is no longer the king (hottest entity) of surplus. All you whipper snappers and your HMMWVs andFMTVs.

JohnnyReb

Also, sad that the deuce is no longer the king (hottest entity) of surplus. All you whipper snappers and your HMMWVs andFMTVs.
Wow! Thanks for the link, really brings back memories. Old Joe must be smiling....

SSGHillbilly

Oh the deuce is still king , famous it is. I know the young ones are afraid of the deuce. Actually maybe it’s easier for them to get the other vehicles due to more recent numbers and parts? Every time I turn around I hear guys saying they want to get them a Deuce. Sometimes like me just a matter of time & getting the money. I’ve had mine now about 7 months & love my big boy ! Deuce is Always a King in my book !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks