• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CHERI's REQUEST....

SS Troops:
MANY of you have shared some very caring thoughts in this thread. We have had many deep and reflective times since this sad news came to us.

Just a few moments ago, I finally mustered the strength to go to the link above and actually "sign" the GuestBook and leave a message for Cheri, their family, and for all of their acquaintances to read and cherish and, hopefully, find comfort in for the coming days, weeks and beyond.

Remember, they may not have access to THIS forum. I'd like to encourage EVERYONE who would to go to that GuestBook and leave something for them. Let's show them the outpouring of love that binds this brotherhood together.

Please muster your thoughts and share with them something that comes from the heart.

You'll be blessed for it.
I have just spoken to Cheri. She sends her appreciation for all that y'all have given in your posts to help her though this time in her life.

Cheri also has a SPECIAL REQUEST...

I any of you has a memorable event - exchange of banter with James in the posts/threads - that you think was particularly humorous or maybe in his characteristic sarcasm, she would like to hear about it.
She will be checking in on his user account occassionally and promises to keep us posted on her goings on.
She also said that she'd usually be nearby as James posted and he enjoyed reading the threads to her and "using her as his spell-checker". She is not unfamiliar with the SteelSoldiers community or the MV topics here.

If anyone has anything to share directly with Cheri, please post it in this thread that she created.....
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/chapla...comed-shootiniron-james-ruman.html#post885509
Posts there will be easier for her to sift through.

NOTE:
I'll also be updating the SS Benevolence Fund thread in a little bit. Cheri has given us guidance on her wishes for that effort. (see link below)

John

Armada

Home from vacation and just read this. At a loss for words with a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach. My deepest condolences and prayers to James' family, friends, and wife, Cheri. May God give you the strength, comfort, and hope, to persevere through your tragic loss. Have faith that you will one day be united again.

mtnman

I have known Jamie for 15 years, worked with him @ Vastco and shared a love for military vehicles. I can tell you that arriving at work today to find he had passed was a crushing blow. We had talked extensively about the "recovery" of the Deuce, (I am the field mechenic for Vastco) and I desperately wanted to go to Vegas to help him, sounded like a great adventure with a great friend.... He will be truly missed, personally and proffesionally.
Via Con Dios my friend!
Travis

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a terrible loss...so young. I'm almost 50, but don't feel like it. He was far too young to have left this world.

What a shame.

DavidA

Since I just attended Marc Opens funeral, I find this story just another heartbreaking incident. My condolences to the family and friends of this MV'er.

Be careful out there and watch your six. It has become totally apparent that we are extremely vulnerable on high speed roads.

100dollarman

Cheri-
I am so sorry to hear about this tragic accident. I have been outtatown and outtaservice for the last week and just heard this afternoon.

My heart is heavy tonite as I write this.

I met Jamie as a customer, but quickly turned into a friendship as we seemed to have a lot in common and we kind of just 'clicked'. I did not get to know him well, but I feel lucky to have known him. He literally was one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Someone that you just knew you could trust.

He spoke very highly of you a few times. Even though I have not met you, I know that you are very smart, and good at your profession.

I would like to think that I am the 'friend' near Barstow that you referred to. Last time I saw Jamie was when he was working on an overpass in AZ, when he recognized my truck and trailer delivering a Deuce to NM.!

My condolences to you and your family for this great loss. Sadly, I will not be able to attend the services, but I will be there in spirit.

Please email (100dollarman.com@gmail.com) or call me 760 248 6214 if there is anything I can do to help you, or if there is anything you would like to talk about.
My real name is Mark Riddle (known as "Hundy") and I am in Lucerne Valley, Ca.

RIP, my friend Jamie.

indy4x4fab

Banned
my deepest regrets go out to his family and his friends. i often fear that there are too many people that don't pay enough attention to whats going on around them, and more times then not they live while others died, truly a sad day.

kastein

RIP... my deepest condolences.

I know it is not much consolation but at least he died doing what he loved, and with a clean conscience. The only thing worse in my mind than dying innocent in a traffic accident is dying at fault in a traffic accident.

I will be keeping a very close eye on my six in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks