• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Racks

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want something that will last forever try Ipe. It's a Brazilian hard wood that used for decks in a lot of places now. The stuff is as hard as a rock almost. It will definately chew up even carbide blades and the stuff weighs a ton. I made an adirondack chair for my mother-in-law that must have weighed a 100lb. Once it's painted no one will ever know the difference and it should outlast your trucks.

knattrass

White oak painted was the spec - we priced out red oak from the local HD and found that because the odd ball sizes (see Garbee's site) we would have ended up gluing and milling. We ended up buying from Midwest - only about $100 more than the raw materials. Beautiful mill work, you will not be disappointed with John's stuff.

nattieleather

If you want to modernize you can look into getting the board off of troop seats (racks) out of modern MVs they are made out of fiberglass and are very durable.

Longhunter7

White oak painted was the spec - we priced out red oak from the local HD and found that because the odd ball sizes (see Garbee's site) we would have ended up gluing and milling. We ended up buying from Midwest - only about $100 more than the raw materials. Beautiful mill work, you will not be disappointed with John's stuff.
+1 on Midwest Military! That's also where I got my Oak bed wood.

It was so nice that I hated to paint it, but I had to do it. You can see the finished results in my avatar picture.

If you want more information, let me know and I can e-mail you more pictures. :arrow:

TedG

I have an extra m37 complete wood rack set, less metal pieces. select white oak milled to correct dimensions. plus a non-complete used take-off set. and finally a set of deuce racks. pm me if you wish. located in eaton rapids, mi

M37-1952

Thanks for the offer Ted, I may take you up on it in the spring. I was thinking of making my own as there is an Amish sawmill nearby and I have the woodworking equipment.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks