• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RADAR set - where to mount on Deuce?

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I realize you may not want to go this route, but I have a 9 meter extendable antenna with mounting brackets for an M109 available. It mounts on the driver side front corner of the "box". I'll try to get some pics up later.

Attachments

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gun ring idea is great. I might be able to cut down a telescoping mast and fit the last coiple sections in there. The dome might be able to mount on a plate off center at the top of the mast so it rests on the hardtop when stowed.

The 9 meter mast - - I wonder how it would fit to an S-280 or to a corner of the bed of the truck. It looks like even collapsed it would stick up rather high above the shelter, unless those clamps allow it to be stowed lowered. Can you advise the the collapsed height, as well as the method of extension? I see the cables. Is there a winch or something?

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Overall height--111 inches
Yes, the clamps allow positioning up and down as necessary
I think a modified mounting base for the clamps would be fairly simple
I don't know how to extend it--need the TM