• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator fan

B25Truck

So today while rebuilding the fan clutch on our groups M35A3 the piston rod (P/N 4079-40642-01) got damaged. Won't explain how, but it was a duh moment.
This leads me to three possibility more questions.

Got one lead on a new clutch, but any leads on maybe just the piston rod? I hate to buy a whole clutch considering I just put a new liner into this one.

I can get the clutch to lock up which would make the fan run all the time. Any long term issues with running this way? It's primarily used for parades. We do drive 20 or so miles on the highway one way to get to the parades. Not a long term solution, but maybe enough to get us thru until we can find & afford a clutch.

While it would be nice, maintaining full stock under the hood may not be a necessity, so has anybody ever swapped to electric fans? Thinking of dual 12-16 inch fans.

Thank you

Mark

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm not sure if the air clutch is the same on the A3 as the 939 trucks, but swampdonkey rebuilds them. Otoh, if you decide to go electric, I have 24v fans. Just send a PM.