• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator mounting

JohnJohnson

Hi I've been bringing an old m35a2 back to life and found the only thing holding my radiator in is the upper and lower hoses. I've found a replacement upper support but I'm having trouble finding info on the lower mount, mine is completely rotted away. If any one has a picture of the lower mount in a truck that would be very helpful, I need to know the lower studs length and diameter, and how its arranged, do the springs go on top of crossmember or under, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
Ian

JohnJohnson

Wow you guys are fast, Thanks to everyone that responded but special thanks to Tguinn you hit the nail on the head, my frame crossmember looks like itll be fine but I got to cut out a section of that lower radiator support and weld in a piece of flat bar to repair it and ill have to weld on two bolts through the flat bar to replace the studs but now I know the right length and assembly order. Ill post a pic of the finished product when I get it welded up, Thanks again
Ian

JohnJohnson

Alright heres the update I promised sorry about the wait, so I got ahold of the rubber pads and springs I was missing. The rusty splinter you see me holding is what was left of the lower radiator bracket, over 2/3 of the metal is gone, so I chopped that sucker out and found the local metal shop had the exact same flat bar, due to the close tolerances I milled out a recess in the new flat bar and turned down 2 half inch bolt heads to fit flush, then had my welder buddy zap it together. Looks like it'll work and only set me back 30 bucks, I appreciate the info Im sure I'll be back with more questions on this thing, its a cool old school bob with an m37 bed on it, let me know what you think, thanks again
Ian

Attachments

Welder1

Alright heres the update I promised sorry about the wait, so I got ahold of the rubber pads and springs I was missing. The rusty splinter you see me holding is what was left of the lower radiator bracket, over 2/3 of the metal is gone, so I chopped that sucker out and found the local metal shop had the exact same flat bar, due to the close tolerances I milled out a recess in the new flat bar and turned down 2 half inch bolt heads to fit flush, then had my welder buddy zap it together. Looks like it'll work and only set me back 30 bucks, I appreciate the info Im sure I'll be back with more questions on this thing, its a cool old school bob with an m37 bed on it, let me know what you think, thanks again
Ian
That's not all of the mount. There is a sheet metal piece that goes over the heavy flat bar and wraps up on the lower radiator tank and is soldered. It is known to rust out. Probably can get by without it but the original assembly came with it. Its made from 16ga sheet bent in a channel.

Eddie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks