• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

radiator repair

zout

No reason to kick yourself - its what is called experience. If nothing ever wrong happened you would not learn much and become experienced.

Next time if it happens you will be grabbing that piece of wood along with your tools no matter what you do as you work on the front of the engine to protect the radiator. Goes along with a lot of other components on a powered unit - just things you pick up as you trudge along in life.

Just wondering why that radiator shop does not repair (besides better $ to recore) it surely would have helped you out and saved you some $ - but EH - now you get to learn how to solder.

Good luck on and :grd:

LV2XLR8

[
As an option you could pinch the hole & add a couple of bottles of Bars Leak sealer. I know a lot of guys won't like that suggestion, but I've had very good luck with it.[/QUOTE]

I personally avoid bars leak, eggs, pepper, and anything else that doesnt belong in a normal operating system. I learned with my very first car what bars leak can do, it fixed my leak, then gummed up nearly everything else in my cooling system as time passed until I had to replace my heater core, water pump, etc etc.
I do know that JB weld can work but an iron is a better repair any day.
That said, any of those is a fix in the field in a pinch but be prepared to flush your system thoroughly and and repair the leak the right way when you get back.

Good luck!

wsucougarx

got started on the solder job tonight. Couldn't figure out why the solder wasn't sticking...hmm did I forget a step.....oh yah flux. I forgot to buy flux. Project put off yet another day.:cry: Luckily I don't work tomorrow...whew!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks