• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio adapter questions?

HOWEY

I have just bought the radio shelf table and the correct mount (MT-1029/VRC) for my radio (rt-524) to go into my 09. :)
My question is...... there appears to be another part to the puzzle i dont have, its this adapter plate, B4030088??
Ive googled it but cant get a picture of it, ive seen other adapter plates for the m151 mutt, are they one and the same? US Radio Sponson Plate For MT-1029 - Reforger

Will i need one for my aux reciever rt-442 also? Thanks.

Attachments

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might bolt to the rear rack in the 09, as for correctness I have no idea. Mine has a flat piece of steel mounted to the rack that the mt-1029 and mt-1898 attach to, it came from uncle this way. I have a pic somewhere stand-by.

Edit. No luck finding the pic of my mount. Sorry.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps it might benefit you to put a "wanted" post and that pic in the classifieds, there always seems to be someone here who bought a CUCV and doesn't want the radio stuff in it, might be willing to sell it off for cheap.

Red_506

That site just gives you some information, you have to do some leg work to find what you need. Some members here can and will help out if they have what you need. Also auction sites are useful.

762luver

The pieces you need are:
>Stock radio shelf
>MT-1029 Mounting
>RT-524
>Antenna Mount and cables

Have you tried to see if it all bolts up yet?

HOWEY

The pieces you need are:
>Stock radio shelf
>MT-1029 Mounting
>RT-524
>Antenna Mount and cables

Have you tried to see if it all bolts up yet?
Yes i have and they dont line up exactly, i could drill the shelf to suit, but i dont want to make a pigs ear of it, that was a reason for finding this holy grail of an adapter :|

Attachments

762luver

It looks like the correct shelf. I assume you also have the tree supports that go under it. They were designed to have one MT-1029, then two narrow racks mounted as you probably guessed. I'm not sure what the narrow rack designation is, but it mounts the R-442 receivers.

Does your MT-1029 have the shock mounts under it?

I'll check the set up in my '09 when I get home to see if there is some other "adapter" between the MT-1029 and the shelf.

762luver

Shock Mounts?

It looks like the correct shelf. I assume you also have the tree supports that go under it. They were designed to have one MT-1029, then two narrow racks mounted as you probably guessed. I'm not sure what the narrow rack designation is, but it mounts the R-442 receivers.

I'll check the set up in my '09 when I get home to see if there is some other "adapter" between the MT-1029 and the shelf.

HOWEY

Yeah, ive got the supports to go with it and the shock mounts are on the mount also, thanks for looking when ya get home:beer:

On a side note...... when did Doghead get his own smiley? hehe :doghead: cool.

762luver

Both of my mounts have a heavy gage sheet metal base the mounting feet attach to. I also noticed that the bolts that hold it to my shelf actually pass throuth the mounting feet. If your MT-1029 does not have the bottom plate, that is the piece you are missing. Unfortunately this is normally part of the mount. I'm not sure where you got yours, but it sounds like it may be incomplete.

If your bottom plate is there, you may have to drill the mounting holes as part of the "normal" installation procedure.

Here is a very good resource: MT-1029 Radio Mount

The site "Red" mentioned also has his RT monted more to the Right as you look at it than mine is mounted. My shelf was "full" at one point. From left to right, RT-524, R-442, R-442. I'm not exactly sure of the second 442, as there was no tray, but there there are signs there was one bolted in. Try shifting over alignment to the left about 3 or 4 inches.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Red_506

The mounts I have also have the metal adaptors on them, I have a spare mount that isn't mounted as of yet and it also has the metal adaptor; I think they might come with them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks