• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio in M923A2? sell separate?

ichudov

My M923A2 that I just brought in yesterday has a radio (see picture). Just what exactly is it, and do you think that I should sell it separately from the truck?

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it is a SINCGARS radio tray. Now you need the VAA and radio. VAA's are easy to find on ebay, the radios are out there, but not cheap. Murphys Surplus in CA had them for sale.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
that tray/mounting bracketry is only really usable to to those with 900 series 5 tons. They dont fit anything else. The LS-671 speakers are common for all vehicles that have SINCGARS, but they are all over ebay for 20-40$. I'll say if you get $100 or so, your doing well. The antenna mount on the fender is worth $40-50 or so, as thats useful for a few different applications.

ichudov

I figure, then, I will just keep them on the truck for the cool factor. Not worth the while to sell separate. But just might make someone like this truck a lot more.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And that hinderance is the reason why my guys bolted the mount to the "front" of the passenger seat base in the 5 tons.. Much easer to check the batteries and the passenger OR driver could operate the radio. CECOM didn't like it, but I didn't see them offering us any better solutions to that crappy mount they designed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks