• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio Rack MT-6492 Scrap??

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'm trying to figure out which radio set this is part of, but I'm drawing a blank. Is there any more information on the dataplates?

As a military radio collector, I have to say that it's definitely not scrap, even if I'm not the guy to give it a new home! ;)

mutt1966

I googled it says that it could be installed in a M151 I seem to remember the Isralies useing something like it for a SATCOM or repeater setup or some such thing. Scott out

dependable

I just got a 1008 with sig corp markings and a civilian cap. It has radio rack and a rectangular box with a lot of 3 pin connection sockets. Also noticed that the original aquisition price was over 30k. which is about twice most 1008's were originally bought for. Any idea what I've got? Thanks

moose53

MT-6492 for radio set-up MK-2547 VRC .Could mount in M-1008 or M-1009. Any value to this or just somemore aluminium scrap?. Has a bag with stainless steel bolts and a heavy power cable, front folds down in three sections like a blind.
Interested in selling it? I'm not very far from you...

Jim

dependable

I figured I'd be asked for a picture. Still trying to learn how to do that. took a picture and tried to put on here, but the film got ruined. .... I'm not stupid, just not good with computers. ...its just a radio rack, I figure with an ammo box sized power junction. . May be willing to sell radio rack, but not the truck, Appears to be a reg 1008 in every other way and antenna mounts were removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks