• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio Shelter info

army485

What is this ?

I know this is an electrical equipment shelter per the data plates. I don't know if these are rare or commonplace. What would these typically sell for IF I was to sell it. The plates have 2 "S" numbers which is confusing. One is S-318 the other says S-504. Everyone started sometime and this is my time.
Thanks for any advice or info.
Army485

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
commonly reffered to as s250 radio shelter. they are not rare. Usually sell for $500 to $1000 depending on conditon, location and buyer's desire to own.

army485

Can anyone ID this shelter as a Marine unit or an Army unit? Very new to this and still unsure where to post these questions and photos. Thanks for the advice.
Army485

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Marines used the TSC series HF radios, not the 142. Google GRC-142 to learn all about your "Ratt Rig" shelter. It looks to be in good condition. A ham radio guy would want it as is to build a mobile "shack". A mil radio collector would want it to build up a GRC-142. An aluminum scrapper would want it to dice up and sell. Please don't let it go that way.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These were used by the US Army. A search on this site for the AN/GRC-142 will show you more info on it. The shelters are not hard to get, if you know where to look for them. The real value in them is if they had all the original radio and teletype equipment in them. If you were in Texas, the version with an air conditioner on it would bring top dollar.

army485

Electrical Equipment shelter USAF Version

Just a quick question about these shelters. We have another one in what maybe Air Force Blue plaint scheme. Is this authentic? Can anyone tell me if there were USAF models? Inside door and frame appear to have been repainted (horrible job by the way) and makes me think that perhaps the whole shelter was painted.
Appreciate the feedback.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a quick question about these shelters. We have another one in what maybe Air Force Blue plaint scheme. Is this authentic? Can anyone tell me if there were USAF models? Inside door and frame appear to have been repainted (horrible job by the way) and makes me think that perhaps the whole shelter was painted.
Appreciate the feedback.
Anything is possible. What model is it?
Post pictures if possible.