• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio speakers

detroitmuscle1986

Have you already purchased a radio? I installed a marine radio designed for boats with a speaker in each door. The marine radio and speakers are water resistant which is handy for off-roading in case you ford water or have to hose out the inside of the cab. I'm sure quick disconnects could be spliced into the speaker wire if you wished to remove the doors in the summertime.

Skinny

Wait, you guys can actually hear music while driving?

I have a pair of 12" subs in a truck box with horns because I need that volume to listen to music, especially with the ear plugs in...

Gripy

I use a small portable speaker that I plug my I-pod into and I keep the speaker charged via a cigarette outlet. Mine is called "Jam" its a single speaker and it sits between the handles of the fire extinguisher and it gets plenty loud for driving at 55 with both windows down. I got it for $35 shipped.
Plus I can take it out for some tunes near the campfire when needed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Factory radios had 4x10s mounted behind grills in the corners behind the seat. You would have to move the lower part of the rifle holder. Grills are dirt cheap at the u-pick yards.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a pair of 8x10s in those fuzzy wood boxes placed behind the seats, works great and no cutting on truck.

piodik

I have a pair of small 3,5" 2-way Crunch DSX32 speakers in dash factory holes. On back I have two 6x9" 3-way Powerbass L-6903 speakers in sealed speaker enclosure boxes (you can buy on e-pay). Main unit is Retro Sound Model One. All system sounds good, speakers are hidden, and my truck still looks like military.
P1030106.jpgP1030098.jpg

48cj2a

These are the GM Truck factory brackets...I have a spare pair of the rears but not sure on the fronts.

Cab corners

speaker brackets.jpg

Dash corners

speakerlh.jpgspeakerrh.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks