• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rain is not a good thing in Texas!

Skycop

Talk about things being fixed at the right time! We got our M35A3 up and running last night after a month or two break in finding parts and chasing stuff down.

Today, we received between 8-10 inches of rain in less than 12 hours. which caused our normally benign rivers to swell and cause a lot of flooding. This is not unusual here and is the reason we have the Deuce.

She ran and performed like a champ! We used her in several rescues as there were numerous places only she could go (outside of a boat!). Very excited. News links are below and photos are attached (sorry in advance for the poor quality they were from my city phone as we didn't want to risk destroying any other electronics). No photos of our A3, but I will post some once we finish getting her decked out with flashing lights and markings.

VIEWER SLIDESHOW: Flooding overtakes Comal, Guadalupe Rivers | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos

Video, San Antonio | mySA.com, Express-News

Attachments

XM 2742

Rain makes corn...............corn makes whiskey..................whiskey makes your woman friskey...........

Hey.........rain sounds good to me.

dskchevy

Yeah, send a little up to Cisco I have some spots in lawn I"m tryin to fill in...................:grin:

Rain or whiskey.........

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeh it was tough. I'm only 15 miles east of New Braunfels and we got less than an inch. Amazing how that little distance can make a difference.

Check out this picture of an RV that got swept away in the flood.

Attachments

linx310

In San Marcos today and it was getting dangerous. Last I heard the ways out of Martindale and down Hunter road have been shut off. And they expect more rain tonight.

blacktop_one

Can't believe they still let people build down there right on the river. I guess after each catastrophic flood there's a fresh crop of newbys eager to build, again. Won't happen to me, no sir! We're special! Glad you got to use the deuce to help, though.

trooper632

Drove through there yesterday morning going to Austin to our Helicopter, TX DPS. Had one of our helo's going there to help in water rescue's if needed. Hey Skycop, tell Big Dave O hi if he still works with ya, used towork side job together at ITI.

Skycop

Yes, people will always live on the river...and for the most part they evacuate and know when stuff like this is probably going to come. Let the expensive insurance they pay for reimburse and the cycle repeats again. Not the lifestyle for me. However, most of the rescues aren't from locals who live on the river, but from people who want to try and cross moving water in vehicles or those camped along the river.

No pictures in action, although I am going to try and get some video of our A3 that didn't make it on the air when we were launching a boat. They wanted us there in case the truck got stuck ;-)

Skycop

After any type of event the Deuce will go into the shop for complete service to include inspecting wheel bearings for water and repacking as needed. Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure the mechanic inspects for water and not just lets it drain out.

I have learned that in order to keep it ready for the next time, we have to take care of it right after it is used like that!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks