• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ran before parked....

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always get a kick out of this. It's sort of along the lines of the "Ran when parked" story, but not exactly. I like when GL says "Unknown Running Condition" and then includes pics of the trucks freshly "windowed" block.:cookoo:

Of course, the first pic might explain the second. Who was responsible for the placement of THAT sticker???:shock:

Edit: It's a Cummins....

Attachments

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any truck should be residue, that is the one! It is no wonder that they blew the motor up running it at such high RPM!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2100 is the loaded governed speed. Unloaded governor break is around 2400 RPM. They will run and stay together up to 3000, but not for long periods of time. They get real quiet at that RPM:shock:

Monkeyboyarmy

My buddy runs his Kenworth road tractor with a Cummins N14 (nearly the same bottom end as the 250 ) at 3500 when he is at the truck pulls.After a year of abuse,he'll pull the pan and check the bearings...always good.He does have stiffer valve springs and uses high quality racing oil in it though.Every time I drive my 816 I think about turning up the rpm.You just can't get going fast enough to catch the next gear with any momentum.

Capt.Marion

My buddy runs his Kenworth road tractor with a Cummins N14 (nearly the same bottom end as the 250 ) at 3500 when he is at the truck pulls.After a year of abuse,he'll pull the pan and check the bearings...always good.He does have stiffer valve springs and uses high quality racing oil in it though.Every time I drive my 816 I think about turning up the rpm.You just can't get going fast enough to catch the next gear with any momentum.
Yep, that seems to be the deal with most MVs, closer gears and you'd be in hog heaven.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks