• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ran rough. it was in fact, the condenser

dougimes

My dad and I were working on his M37, it was running well, stopped like it ran out of gas.

he gassed it back up, then it wouldn't start.
still thinking fuel, replaced the fuel pump with a 24v pump, set the bowl height, and generally played around with fuel delivery.

Put new points and condenser. - now it would fire, sputter, and not run.

Put in a new condenser, started right up.

Thru all that, he had a bad condenser, replaced it with a bad or wrong condenser.

It seemed like it wanted to run but wasn't getting fuel. it fooled us, it was ignition all along

the part number that is correct for all 24v military distributors is

O'reilly BWDg124

or an AL869

learned something new.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great post. I was driving my GMC M135 once at 55 mph, and it backfired so violently that the muffler blew apart. Then, the engine ran like crap. Sure enough, all that was wrong was the condenser.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I went to NAPA for a set of points and a condenser for my '57 Ford F100 the kid behind the counter started thumbing through the air conditioner parts. That's when I realized he was born after the last set of points had been part of a factory set up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks