• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rapco? Hello? Anyone home in there?

Aswayze

Anyone actually talked to an actual person at Rapco this last week or so?

We've got a painting weekend lined up here in KC for a bunch of us and many/most of us have not gotten the paint we ordered from them. They've not answered the phone for the last few days and nobody's cards have been charged yet.

I assume that like most people who confuse a hobby with a business, they've probably gone off on vacation and not left a note on their website to let potential customers know.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone actually talked to an actual person at Rapco this last week or so?

We've got a painting weekend lined up here in KC for a bunch of us and many/most of us have not gotten the paint we ordered from them. They've not answered the phone for the last few days and nobody's cards have been charged yet.

I assume that like most people who confuse a hobby with a business, they've probably gone off on vacation and not left a note on their website to let potential customers know.
They do go to alot of MV show and events. Or maybe the hot weather melted thier phone lines....:razz:

I have 8 gallons of 383 Green and 4 gal of red primer here in OKC. Your welcome to drive down and pick them up.

When I buy from them I make a day time of it and drive down. Last time I was there I picked up 20 gallons total. Sure saves on shipping and HazMat fees.

Last edited:

Aswayze

Actually, gallons of 383 we've got... all of us who do East Wind were getting together this weekend to do the rest of the 3 color scheme on all of our vehicles then fix all the stencils back up.

This sort of stinks because we're on a fairly tight time schedule to get the things done that we need to get done and we had been planning this weekend for a while. Guys had to request time off of work to get the time to go do this work, guys are heading up from hundreds of miles away to help, we've got vehicles taken apart awaiting the final paint before we can reassemble them etc etc etc. The majority of our order went in on the 18th so it's not like this was some sort of last minute thing here.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I hope they are ready to ship 12 gallons to Atlanta. :D

We're ordering 8 gallons of 383 and 4 gallons of strata blue for my buddy's Power Wagon next week.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, gallons of 383 we've got... all of us who do East Wind were getting together this weekend to do the rest of the 3 color scheme on all of our vehicles then fix all the stencils back up.

This sort of stinks because we're on a fairly tight time schedule to get the things done that we need to get done and we had been planning this weekend for a while. Guys had to request time off of work to get the time to go do this work, guys are heading up from hundreds of miles away to help, we've got vehicles taken apart awaiting the final paint before we can reassemble them etc etc etc. The majority of our order went in on the 18th so it's not like this was some sort of last minute thing here.
I do have access to 3 gallons of black and one gallon brown. It will just need to be replaced. It was part of the 20 gallons I picked up last month.

I'll be in Tulsa tommorow and can bring them with me.

Aswayze

Well, we finally got a hold of someone down there and they claim that at least part of our order is going out today. So…

We will have all sorts of paint on Monday…

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we finally got a hold of someone down there and they claim that at least part of our order is going out today. So…

We will have all sorts of paint on Monday…

Doesn't help for this weekend. Do I need to bring the paint to Tulsa with me?

Aswayze

Ah, I appreciate it fellas I think I am just going to more or less scratch the painting part of the work this weekend and just try to do everything in the evenings after work next week once the paint shows up.

There's other stuff we can do, just nothing that moves the ball as far forward as getting all the half painted equipment finished up and out of the way.

I ordered some paint as well on Tues. I had noticed it didn't charge to my card so i called them yesterday. I spoke with someone to confirm the order and they gave me a tracking number. The tracking info says it should be here today. Guess I will see when I get home from work.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Allan when and where are you painting at? I have some assorted gallons, will check and see which colors I have. Got one 383 brown, 1 carc sand.

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Don't forget Allan, I'm bringing a gallon of black and brown (rapco). I also am bringing 2 gallons of 383 green. That should go a long way. I ordered 1 case of 383 Sunday and it got here Wednesday or Thursday. I am happy to share. I don't think I'll be doing the super detailed derusting job I thought. Too much but not very bad. I will be using alot of Rustoleum rusty metal primer.

Aswayze

Actually ended up with part of the order sitting here on my porch when I got home from work. Not all but certainly enough to get most of the work done that needs doing this weekend.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks