• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rapco Spray Cans

TwoStates

How many spray cans are needed to paint a HMMWV body and hood inside and out (not including the roof, top, doors, etc.)?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It takes 18 to do a Deuce and about 22-24 for an M813.

Your mileage may vary. :)

TwoStates

I'm having a hard time believing that there is that much black needed for the small globs of black on the hood and visible exterior body since I'm not paining a slant back. We'll see though.

TwoStates

I used six cans of Green, three cans of Black, and two cans of Brown. I need to order more to finish up. I think I will need another four black and three brown. I still have a case of Green and once can of Brown.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see where one of you said 18 cans for a deuce and 10 cans for a M1008; I'm guessing about 12 for a M1009? Thoughts?
Sure, 12.

It's a crap shoot but you can always use the extra to add more coats to areas that may need it but you have to wait for more if you don't start with enough. ;-)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on your worksite, My 1009 took 16 cans because I sprayed it outside on a windy day.
When you are painting yourself, the grass, the trees and the neighbor's cars and houses add 33.42%.

;-)

mcmullag

In case this helps, have painted a few deuces and 5 tons with RAPCO spray cans, friend discovered for black, can use the tall chrome colored can of Rust-Oleum High Performance Enamel in Flat Black, so we order the green and brown from RAPCO and go to Lowe's for the black. Have done a 5 ton in RAPCO sand color or tan color and that turned out great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks