• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rare find I think>Military Honda from Ft. Knox/ or Fort Cambell Kentucky.

kentuckycucv

Last edited:

motomacguyver

I'm not real savvy on the Military cycles, but I know a little about civi stuff. Looks like a run of the mill Honda XR/XL 250 with a larger gas tank and a few other things added to it. It may be collectable to some. Parts should be available through your local Honda dealer. The dealers tend to be able to order stuff back 10-15 years without much problem. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Army was getting them as COTS they were modified and painted by local units, usually Rangers, SF types. There was a backlog in getting the older 250 M1030's and 650 B1's were just coming out. Gl had 2 lots a couple of months ago. I got one of the weird KLR's with the IR lights I am rebuilding.

Attachments

Last edited:

kentuckycucv

I took the carb apart and cleaned it real good ..she starts on the first kick and runs great... Awesome. I have a bunch of military gear, goggles, helmet pads...Im taking her out to the country for a ride tomorrow. I will try and post ore pics.
Does anyone know what the color is of this bike. Its a dessert color but it seems kind of oranger than tan. Some of it rubs off with gas. I dont know if its CARC

kentuckycucv

This thing is way too fast for me..... Runs great! I got a bunch of army stuff. Elbow pads, knee pads that black plastic helmet and these goretex gaitors for your pants legs. Interesting equipment....but all worked well as makshift dirtbike gear. PS everything is for sale so PM me.

Attachments

kentuckycucv

I got room for more toys.:grin: i thought about getting a military trailer for hauling my military motor bike.... But My city just sent me a hate mail for too much junk.

jesusgatos

Army was getting them as COTS they were modified and painted by local units, usually Rangers, SF types. There was a backlog in getting the older 250 M1030's and 650 B1's were just coming out. Gl had 2 lots a couple of months ago. I got one of the weird KLR's with the IR lights I am rebuilding.
The bikes in those first three pictures are CRF250X's or CRF450X's with oversized desert tanks. That's pretty cool. Didn't know they were riding any of the newer MX-based bikes.

B3.3T

Its called a tire mousse (pronounced MOOSE) and replaced an inner tube for durability. Its a big foam donut. Common on racing off-road bikes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks